Dust-A-Side’s experience and expertise gives us a real edge in the field of road stabilization.
Our total road management system is without peer.
Refined since 1973, it has been proven to yield the most productive haul roads at the lowest life-cycle cost.
Our proprietary bitumen and polymer products are specifically designed to bind and stabilize in-situ wearing course materials.
We can provide you with tailored solutions for heavy haulage roads, underground roads, light and medium vehicle roads, access roads and more.
Furthermore, our unique maintenance system is designed to ensure that the on-going road quality is optimized and therefore the available benefits maximized. The maintenance system comprises:
- Sweeping to control dust, contamination and loose material on the pavement surface
- Maintenance applications of product to control dust and eliminate water ingress into the surface
- Skimming of the pavement surface with a grader or similar means to remove heavy contamination and loose material
- Re-scarifying of the running surface to maintain the integrity of the seal layer and retain adequate surface texture properties
- Pothole repair
- Repair of failed sections of road
- Repair of damaged sections of road
- Operational dust reductions of 90%+
- Water savings of 95%+
- Safer roads due to improved visibility
- Operational cost savings and efficiencies due to the reduced need for water carts
- Increased productivity through faster cycle times (up to 30% reduction in rolling resistance)
- Less wet-weather delays due to faster road drying times, improved wet-weather trafficability and fewer washouts
- Lower initial construction costs when building new roads
- Operational cost savings through a reduced need for graders and other road maintenance equipment, as well as regular replenishment of surface wearing course material
- Reduction in fuel consumption of 3% (on average)
- Improved tire life and equipment component life
- Safer haulage conditions due to the reduced likelihood of uncontrolled vehicle movements
- Reduced road roughness, leading to lower maintenance costs for mobile equipment and health and safety benefits for operators